Welcome to the Syndicate!

We are a faction, not a clan, and not a league. Our hands stretch across the globe, with members from several countries and across both major platforms. If these are things you're interested in you've come to the right place!

This is an up and coming organization, so you're membership is welcome. Come and be a part of it all!

Please take a moment to register and read the rules, then introduce yourself to the community.

VS Tyrant
Founder
Welcome to the Syndicate!

We are a faction, not a clan, and not a league. Our hands stretch across the globe, with members from several countries and across both major platforms. If these are things you're interested in you've come to the right place!

This is an up and coming organization, so you're membership is welcome. Come and be a part of it all!

Please take a moment to register and read the rules, then introduce yourself to the community.

VS Tyrant
Founder
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Syn Points System

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
VS Tyrant
Admin
VS Tyrant

Syn Points System Empty
PostSubject: Syn Points System   Syn Points System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 6:27 am

A points system has been introduced for the forum. These points will accumulate over time and go towards prizes and forum permissions. These are generally forum experience points, which are similar to gang tattoos: you get them for doing things for the gang, and the more you have, the more you've done for the gang, which ultimately shows everyone your loyalty and dedication.

You can earn different amounts of points for different things:

Posting a thread
Posting a topic
Posting profile messages
Adding someone as a friend
Winning contests
Posting quality posts (Voting system, explained below)
Great online achievement or community acknowledgement

The voting system was designed to promote quality posting on the forum, and is also a way to keep members in check. You will notice a little +/- in the top right of the text box. If you click on the + you give that person positive reputation, but if you click on the - you take some away. Keep in mind abusers of this system will not be tolerated.

There is also a "thanks" button which you can click on in order to show appreciation for a great post and to provide some additional reputation points.

Prizes will be awarded for achieving specific point counts, as well as point leaders over specific amounts of time. Keep in mind that reputation points and SYn points are different, and you will recieve Syn points for high achievement in Syn points.

Syn points show your activity, reputation points show your quality of posts, essentially.

Good luck!

Last edited by VS Tyrant on Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://svrsyndicate.darkbb.com
MicksterG951

MicksterG951

Syn Points System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Points System   Syn Points System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:43 pm

Hey, how do you lose points? If you can.
Back to top Go down
https://svrsyndicate.darkbb.com/
VS Tyrant
Admin
VS Tyrant

Syn Points System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Points System   Syn Points System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:47 pm

I would have to manually do that but I don't see that happening.
Back to top Go down
MicksterG951

MicksterG951

Syn Points System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Points System   Syn Points System I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 26, 2009 3:50 pm

Alright. Just wondering, Thanks.
Back to top Go down
Barkaboi

Barkaboi

Syn Points System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Points System   Syn Points System I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 5:38 am

this sounds really cool!!! have you come to a decision about the permissions for the amount of points someone has and stuff... it's hard to explain what i mean so i'll just do something quickly...

0-25 syn points - no permissions
26 - 50 syn points - being able to create polls and stuff
51-100 syn points - being able to change their username
101-150 syn points - being able to 'Sticky' topics (abuse will lead to removal of permissions)
151 - 250 syn points - being able to give people warnings ... 3 warnings and you have a 2 day ban from forums (abuse can lead for you to be banned + removal of permissions)
251 + - being able to edit your rank to either - moderator or non moderator

Like ideas? i would make the moderator thing to like 500 syn points but i can't think of anything else for permissions Razz...
Back to top Go down
VS Tyrant
Admin
VS Tyrant

Syn Points System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Points System   Syn Points System I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 10:36 am

I haven't come up with exact numbers yet, I will probably make something concrete by the end of the week.
Back to top Go down
MicksterG951

MicksterG951

Syn Points System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Points System   Syn Points System I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 27, 2009 2:45 pm

Is it still 100 post to have a signature? P.S.- This is my 88th post. I'm so close i could Sad
Back to top Go down
Barkaboi

Barkaboi

Syn Points System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Points System   Syn Points System I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 4:35 pm

lol awww... now thats your 112'th post and this is my 89th post!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Syn Points System Empty
PostSubject: Re: Syn Points System   Syn Points System I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Syn Points System
Page 1 of 1